Introduction to Oils
This class is designed for those who have a desire to work with oils, to try oils, or to simply venture out into a new medium but have very little to no experience with oils. This is a comprehensive beginners, 4 hour art class.
The class will be held on Saturday, Feb 23 from 10:00am - 3:00PM with a lunch break. Please feel free to bring your own lunch/drink however we will be providing pizza from the Lexington Domino's.
To provide plenty of individual attention and answer any questions, there are only 8 spots available.
In this introductory course, you will learn the following:
- Basic fundamentals to painting with oils
- Overview of brushes used for oil painting and the differences between brushes
- Basic brush techniques for painting in oils
- How to create a palette specific to desired subject
- Basic understanding of colors and tones
- Basic understanding of blending and mixing colors
- Proper care and cleaning of brushes, materials and palettes
All materials will be provided for during class. We will also be providing a simple carrying device to transport your work home with you without worry of it making a mess in your vehicle.
Please note, that painting can sometimes be messy. Aprons will be provided however we cannot guarantee that paint will not get on your clothes. So please come appropriately dressed to paint.
At the end of the class, each student will be able to paint a basic landscape/nature scene in oil.
The class will be held in the downstairs portion of 113 W. Nelson Street (Old Lex Mercantile). The entrance is easily accessible behind Domino's Pizza, where there is ample parking available across the street.